This page documents the conversion of an almost-classic British sports car (an MG TF) to run electric.
- Planned specifications:
- 30kWh designed battery capacity, Expected 80-100mi range.
- 100kW Siemens inverter, 3-phase AC induction motor.
So far the project is in early stages, with the following milestones completed.
- Donor Car Purchased, October 2019
- Batteries acquired, January 2020
- Project Task-ListI am using Trello to organise tasks for the project – It seemed the best way to keep track of what tasks were ongoing/complete etc. https://trello.com/b/0FOzAdna/mg-etf# I will keep the […]
- Orion BMS2 – Pre-installIn order to best maintain and protect the batteries, I have opted for an Orion BMS2 Battery Management System, made by Ewert Energy Systems. This unit is highly capable with […]